Monday, April 16, 2007

Life Values Assessment

So it's a mere six days late, but I thought I'd post it for good measure...

My Life Values:
Loyalty
Family
Friendship
Integrity
Power
--------------
Creativity
Security
Enjoyment
Leadership
Wisdom
Health
Independence
Community
Personal Development
Expertness
Service
Personal Accomplishment
Prestige
Wealth
Location

The other day I spent a majority of my productive hours at work... I sell video games, nothing fancy... I felt that while at work only three of my top-five values were coming in handy. I don't really know any of my customers personally, so friendship and family were out (although I'm friends with my coworkers and I called my mom during my break lol) What I mostly call upon while at work would definitely be expertness, service, and leadership. With these three you gain power and you gain respect. I don't think I could ever work somewhere I wasn't respected, nor somewhere where I wasn't given the ability to express some authority and discretion.

From my family, I inherited the belief of being courteous and humble in everything I do, and be well mannered too, but there's nothing that suggests to me that they're any less important now than the 20 years or so ago when my folks first taught them to me. They're timeless values that will always be critical wherever life takes me.

No comments: